Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ravensara essential oil for colds and flu

My essential oil pick of the day...Ravensara (Ravensara aromatica), from the leaves and twigs of the Ravensara tree . This is one of my favorite essential oils.

High in 1,8-cineole just like eucalyptus and cajeput, makes for a great essential oil for colds and flu.  It is known for its antiviral, antiseptic, antimicrobial and expectorant actions. I love Ravensara for opening up my lungs when I feel like I cannot get a deep breath.  I mix ravensara rosemary, lemon, cypress and pine essential oils in my cotton pad inhaler. 

Ravensara is good to use with those who are grieving as it opens up the lungs where we have the tendency to hold our grief. In turn it helps us with courage to move forward.  Its also a great oil to diffuse in the home when sniffles are invading our loved ones.  I have even added to a foot bath mixed with epsom salts when a cold is coming on. 

Information provided is for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, counsel or prescribe. Consult a medical professional for serious illness.  ~ Zen Age/Copyright/2012

www.ShopZenAge.com
twitter @ShopZenAge

No comments:

Post a Comment